- Displaced more than one million people
- Prevented farmers from planting crops
- Devastated the oil production, a major portion of the government's revenue
- Disrupted education
- Created emotional and psychological trauma, especially for women and children.
- The displaced children to have safe and stable living conditions and continuity of education (The Bible, Matthew 19:14).
- Farmer to be protected from harm and upheaval as they plant crops before the end of May (The Bible, Jeremiah 5:24).
- Political figures and parties to recognize that their differences are devastating the country. Pray that they will confess their sins and repent of their hunger for power. (The Bible, 2 Chronicles 7:14).
The situation continues to worsen inside the country, and the number of refugees are increasing everyday. It seems there is no end to this tragedy in sight. The Christians continue to face extermination attacks by islamic fighters and fleeing the country. Large parts of the infrastructure are being destroyed. The three largest cities, Homs, Aleppo and Hamma, are being completely destroyed. There is about 6.5million internally displaced people (IDP) and around 2.6million refugees. 9.3 million need humanitarian aid.
Pray for an end to the civil war in Syria. Pray for the refugees that they will be helped and touched by the love of God. Pray for 6.5million children affected by this war. Pray for s just government and for the church to stand these difficulties, and trials and to be a lighthouse during this time of turmoil.
Pray with us for a hoped-for prayer initiative there, May 27-30, for His unity, anointing and protection for the team and that the Lord will make them a great blessing and encouragement for the Syrian believers.